Your marketing data may currently reside is multiple sources, for example, your web analytics data might be with Google Analytics and your Search Engine Marketing performance data is within AdWords. Getting your marketing & sales data into Beckon is one of the fundamental steps towards getting started with Beckon.
Data can be 'pushed' or 'pulled' into Beckon. Authentication is associated with 'pulling' data into Beckon, typically via the Application Programming Interface (API) supported by the data source vendor. To pull data into your Beckon account, you need to authenticate and hence authorize Beckon to pull data from the chosen data source.
To create a new authentication:
- Go to "Connect", under "Connect", select "Authenticate".
- Click on "Create New App"on the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the data source vendor that you want to authenticate, for example choose "AdWords" if you wish to authenticate Beckon to pull data from AdWords. If the vendor supports OAuth, you will be directed to a login page and asked to confirm your authorization.
- On successful authentication, you are redirected back into Beckon. Enter a name and description for this newly created authentication, then save it.
Thats it! You can now create a new connector which uses this authentication to start pulling data into Beckon.
In case the data source supports simple authentication:
- After step 2 above, choose "Generic" from the list of data sources.
- Use "Client ID" field to enter the username.
- Use "Client Secret" field to enter the password.
- Enter a name and description for this newly created authentication, then save it.